- Nominations may be submitted by any person.
- Businesses or business persons can be nominated in more than one category.
- Self nominations are permitted and encouraged.
- Below is the criteria for you to consider when nominating a business or business person.
- Business must be established in Northern Ontario
- Business must be a wholly-owned or majority-owned Aboriginal business (minimum 51%)
- Business person must be substantially involved in the day-to-day operations of the business
- Be able to demonstrate superior quality in all aspects of business operation
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to community
Nomination Deadline: August 18, 2019
- Youth Entrepreneur
- New Business
- Award of Recognition
Youth Entrepreneur: Presented to an Aboriginal youth between 18 and 35 years of age who is successfully operating a business in northern Ontario for a least two years.
Businesswoman: Presented to an Aboriginal woman, 18 years or older, who is successfully operating a business in northern Ontario. Business must be in operation for a minimum of two (2) years.
Businessman: Presented to an Aboriginal man, 18 years or older, who is successfully operating a business in northern Ontario. Business must
Partnership: Presented to a successful business partnership where at least one of the partners is of Aboriginal heritage, is significantly involved in the day-to-day operations of the business, and retains at least 51% ownership in the business.
Corporation: Presented to a majority-owned Aboriginal Corporation that is operating successfully in northern Ontario.
New Business: Presented to an individual of Aboriginal heritage; or a majority-owned Aboriginal business; or an Aboriginal organization, located in northern Ontario. Business must in operation for a minimum of one (1) year, but less than two (2) years.
Award of Recognition: Presented to a candidate whose entrepreneurial spirit, leadership and/or social responsibility has contributed to the advancement of Aboriginal prosperity in Northern Ontario.