- Nominations may be submitted by any person.
- Businesses or business persons can be nominated in more than one category.
- Self nominations are permitted and encouraged.
- Below is the criteria for you to consider when nominating a business or business person.
- Business must be established (operating to the public) for at least 1 year
- Business must be established in Northern Ontario
- Business must be a wholly-owned or majority-owned Aboriginal business (minimum 51%)
- Business person must be of Aboriginal heritage (First Nations, Metis, Inuit)
- Business person must be substantially involved in the day-to-day operations of the business
- Be able to provide evidence of the business’ financial performance
- Be able to demonstrate superior quality in all aspects of business operation
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to community involvement
- Youth Entrepreneur
- New Business
- Award of Recognition